Monday, October 29, 2012

Vintage meets Steampunk

This pendant is another example of recycling broken jewelry and trinkets. After making a shell of sorts from copper sheet, I filled it with old and new treasures. There are old rhinestone buttons, a chess clock gear, a segment from a vintage choker and a crystal from a chandelier. I made a weaved bail and a couple of twisted copper beads to add to the black leather. All the findings are hand made from copper wire and then antiqued with a rich patina.  There is no solder or glue. It is a cold connection piece. It measures approximately 18 inches in length.




7 comments:

  1. Cristina, Thank you, very much!

    Blessings,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so talented.

    Great blog.! I followed you. Maybe you want do the same.? ♥
    jagoda-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jagonda,
    Thank you for your kind comment and visiting my blog. I'd be happy to visit your your blog. :)
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely cool blog! I really like your posts. They are very interesing. Come by and let's follow each other on GFC! I would love to have your support on my blog! It would mean so much to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only cold connections? Wow! It's a very nice piece!

    Ambra

    ReplyDelete