Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bending Time




"Bending Time" This contest was the perfect time for me to gather all my broken odds and ends and recycle them into a new piece. This mosaic pendant holds different memories from different people in my life. I had broken jewelry that I kept from my grandmother, mother and even my daughters grandma. I've always wanted to make something from that old broken Bulova watch.:) You can even see the tiny rubies embedded in the watch. All the copper findings are hand bent, twisted, wrapped and hammered. I've taken a brass filgree end cap and flattened and reshaped it into a rose bud accented with a red Swarovski crystal. I have added garnet chips to add color and richness. Little seed beads are swirled and weaved into the pendant for depth. This pendant hangs from a velvet rope cord to give it a royal look. So even though the pieces, parts and beads may be inexpensive, there is a lot of time and love in this pendant.

No comments:

Post a Comment